2-1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil (plus 2 more, if needed)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons honey
- Place olive oil in cast iron skillet
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, chili powder, oregano, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Rub bottom half of pork with half the dry rub.
- Pierce several slits in top of pork and sprinkle minced garlic over roast. Add rest of dry rub.
- Heat olive oil and place roast in skillet.
- Sear for 4 minutes on bottom, turn and sear 3 minutes on top.
- Place in preheated 375 degree oven for 50-60 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- In a small skillet, bring orange juice and honey to a boil.
- Drizzle over pork before slicing.
Until next time, Kris