2 pounds whole-milk ricotta (4 cups)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
10 cloves garlic, minced
zest of two lemons
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
olive oil, for greasing the dish and also for drizzling over the cheese before baking
2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Drain ricotta.
- Place in soufflé bowl that has been greased with olive oil.
- Add fresh herbs to ricotta and mix. Incorporate garlic and lemon zest.
- Add salt, pepper, Herbs de Provence and mix well.
- Add eggs and combine thoroughly.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 7-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with baguette slices
Until next time, Kris