2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 ears fresh corn
1/2 red onion, sliced in quarter rounds
1 cucumber, sliced and quartered
16 ounce container strawberries
1 jalapeño, seeds and membrane removed
2/3 cup walnuts
Ingredients for Dressing
juice of 2-3 limes, depending on juiciness
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons minced shallots
pinch of kosher salt
pinch of fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chicken on large sheet pan. Pat dry with paper towel and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper and Italian seasoning over chicken. Place the sliced garlic over the chicken and add the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Place in oven for 30-40 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Place corn in large pot of water and boil until crisp tender (about 10-15 minutes)
- Slice cucumber, onion, strawberries and jalapeño and set aside.
- Once corn has finished cooking, remove from water and set aside. Once it’s cooled a bit, remove the kernels from the ear.
- In glass measuring cup, whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, lime juice, honey, shallots, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toast walnuts on the stove top in a small skillet for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Once chicken is done, let it rest on a board for 10 minutes. Then slice in strips.
- Build your salad – spring mix, onion, cucumber, corn, strawberries and chicken. Top with walnuts and goat cheese.
Until net time, Kris