Ingredients (to make three large quesadillas)
2 russet potatoes
6 slices bacon
6 scallions (white parts only)
1 jalapeño, diced
1 cup arugula
6 flour tortillas
1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
dollop of sour cream
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice russet potatoes on a mandoline and place on a large baking pan
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay bacon on a large baking pan.
- Cook potatoes and bacon for 25 minutes.
- Brush melted butter on outsides of flour tortillas.
- Place butter side down and build quesadilla.
- Start with cheese, then add potatoes, bacon, jalapeño, scallion, arugula and more cheese.
- Place tortilla on top. Brush with melted butter.
- Cook until cheese starts to melt and bottom tortilla browns nicely. Flip and brown other side.
Until next time, Kris