1 2-1/2 pound rump roast
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoon kosher salt
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon dried basil
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
3/4 teaspoon sugar
rosemary, several sprigs, tied together with kitchen string
6 large carrots
3 russet potatoes
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1 cup red wine, such as cabernet
- Mix seasonings together in a small bowl. Rub over entire roast.
- Heat oil in slow cooker insert on cook top, or Dutch oven. Brown meat 4-5 minutes per side (all sides).
- Remove roast to a plate.
- In your slow cooker, add carrots and potatoes that you’ve peeled and cut into chunks. Add rosemary. Pour broth and wine over the vegetables and place the roast on top.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set to low for 8 hours.
- Serve with crusty bread and a salad.
Until next time, Kris