1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
one small onion, sliced in half rounds
1 15-1/2 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
3-4 ears of corn, cooked
2 jalapeños, sliced, seeds removed or kept (depending on how hot you like it)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon Chile lime seasoning
low-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese
12 ounce container of Pico de Gallo
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place chicken on a large baking sheet and make small slits with a paring knife.
- Zest the lime and set the zest to the side. Squeeze the juice of the lime over the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken all over with kosher salt.
- Add the minced garlic to the chicken breasts, followed by the lime zest and Chile lime seasoning.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. When chicken reaches 165 degrees it is done.
- Cook the corn while the chicken is baking. Open beans and place in a strainer. Rinse and drain.
- Sauté onion in olive oil for 3-5 minutes, until it begins to soften.
- Add cooked and cut chicken to the onion in the skillet, along with the corn kernels and beans. Pour Pico de Gallo into skillet and add sliced jalapeños. Stir and let simmer on medium for 15-20 minutes.
- Warm tortillas and fill the burrito with the chicken mixture, shredded cheese and cilantro.
- Top the burrito with a dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream, cilantro and salsa.
Until next time, Kris