- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Pasilla peppers, cut into one inch chunks (remove most of the seeds, keep a small amount)
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 cans Canellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 28-ounce can whole plum tomatoes (juice and tomatoes, cut tomatoes into pieces)
- Heat olive oil in crock pot insert on stove. Add onion and sauté until onion starts to soften and become translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 45 seconds.
- Add beans, 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, cumin, oregano, and chili powder and stir together.
- Add chicken, pasilla peppers, chicken stock, tomatoes, and 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt. Stir.
- Set crock pot insert back into base and set to high for four hours or low for 6-8 hours.
Until next time, Kris