4 chicken breasts
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
pinch of red pepper flakes
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
drizzle of balsamic glaze (for finishing)
Ingredients for Mini Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad
2 pints mini heirloom tomatoes
18 mini mozzarella balls (or pearl mozzarella balls)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup basil, cut into a chiffonade
Directions for Chicken
- Place chicken breasts in glass dish.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Add minced garlic to chicken.
- Mix together olive oil and vinegar. Pour over chicken.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate for 2-8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roast chicken for 30-35 minutes (for thin sliced breasts), or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Directions for Mini Heirloom Caprese Salad
- Pour heirloom tomatoes into large glass bowl.
- Add mini mozzarella balls to tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar and mix together.
- Add basil.
After plating salad and chicken, drizzle balsamic glaze over.
Until next time, Kris