1-1/2 pounds salmon fillet
1 naval orange, zest and juice
2 limes, zest of one, juice of both
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried orange peel
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 jalapeńos, sliced (1 for marinade, 1 for topping)
red onion, diced
For Yogurt Crema
8 ounce container non-fat Greek yogurt
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 lime, zest and juice
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, oregano, kosher salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, dried orange peel, and brown sugar.
- Place salmon in a large shallow dish for marinating. Squeeze orange juice and lime juice over salmon. Add orange zest and lime zest to top of salmon. Sprinkle seasoning mix over the salmon and top with jalapeño slices. Set in refrigerator for 1-3 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake salmon for 15-25 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a medium sized bowl, add yogurt, garlic, kosher salt and lime zest and juice. Mix well.
- Heat tortillas over burner on stove top.
- When salmon is done, cut into bite size pieces for tacos.
Until next time, Kris