1 flatbread pizza crust
3/4 pound chicken tenders (approximately 1-1/2 cups)
1/3 pound gruyere cheese, shredded
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4-1/3 red onion, sliced
3 jalapeños, sliced (seeds removed, if desired)
- Sprinkle tenders with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Brush with 1/8 cup barbecue sauce.
- Place tenders in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Once chicken is done, raise oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Cut cooked chicken tenders into bite size pieces.
- Spread 1/2 cup barbecue sauce onto flatbread. Top with shredded cheese, sliced onion, jalapeños and cooked chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- Top with minced cilantro.
Until next time, Kris