Ingredients (Serves 4)
2 cans pinto beans (no salt or low-sodium)
1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds (crushed)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried orange peel
pinch of red pepper flakes
8 corn tortillas
2 tablespoons butter
1 16-ounce container pico de gallo
light shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Mix kosher salt, cumin, oregano, crushed coriander seeds, garlic powder, dried orange peel and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl.
- Place beans into a small saucepan and add the spice mixture, stirring it into the beans. Heat the beans until they are hot.
- Cook tortillas over open flame on cooktop. If you don’t have a gas cooktop, heat them in the microwave to warm them. Set aside.
- Cook eggs in butter, sunny side-up.
- Layer Huevos Rancheros into each dish. Starting with beans. Next, two corn tortillas, then two eggs. Top with pico de gallo, shredded cheese, avocado and cilantro.
Until next time, Kris