Ingredients (per potato)
large russet potato
1/2 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus a pinch
fresh ground pepper
7-10 shishito peppers
2 slices bacon (your choice)
2 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt
shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and scrub potatoes, drying with a dish towel. Pierce potato several times with a fork or paring knife.
- Rub potato with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Place potato in oven, directly on rack and bake for 1 hour, checking after 50 minutes.
- Cook bacon.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in skillet. Sauté peppers until they are blistered, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel. Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt. Set aside.
- Build potato. Cut potato in half (not all the way through) and sprinkle with pepper. Add Greek yogurt, chopped peppers and chopped bacon. Top with shredded cheese.
Until next time, Kris