3 pounds lean ground turkey
1 red onion, grated
1 head of garlic, grated
2-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried orange peel
5 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
2 jars barbecue sauce
1 jar raspberry preserves
1 orange, (the juice of)
- Place turkey into a large bowl. Grate the onion and garlic onto the meat.
- Add kosher salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, dried orange peel and parsley and combine with a fork.
- Mix barbecue sauce and preserves together with a whisk. Set aside.
- Using a small cookie scoop, form meatballs and place into your slow cooker in a single layer.
- Add enough barbecue sauce mixture to cover meatballs.
- Add another layer of meatballs and repeat with the sauce mixture one or two more times until all meatballs are in the slow cooker and covered with sauce.
- Set the slow cooker to cook on low for 8 hours.
- Before serving, add the juice of one orange.
Until next time, Kris