3 large peaches
3 tablespoons granulated sugar, plus 1/2 teaspoon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla bean sugar (or a splash of vanilla if you don’t have vanilla bean sugar)
2 tablespoons water (1 for egg wash and one for glaze)
1/4 cup orange marmalade
2 puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay puff pastry out on bread board.
- Cut peaches in half, remove pit and slice in 1/2 thick slices and place in large glass bowl.
- In small bowl, mix together, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla bean sugar and kosher salt. Pour over peaches and mix together with a spoon.
- Roll puff pastry out with a rolling pin and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Lay peaches across pastry, leaving about a 4 inch edge all the way around.
- Bring edges of pastry over the edge of the peaches.
- Make an egg wash with one egg and one tablespoon water.
- Brush edges of pastry with egg wash. You won’t need the entire wash.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- While tart is baking, make glaze by heating together 1/4 cup orange marmalade and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Once tart is done and has cooled for about 10 minutes, brush glaze over peaches with a pastry brush.
Until next time, Kris