2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup Crisco butter flavored sticks (1 stick)
2 jumbo eggs
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chunks
1 cup sweetened coconut strips (cut into small pieces)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, kosher salt and baking power. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or separate bowl if not using an electric mixer), cream together Crisco butter stick, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and chopped coconut.
- Place dough into refrigerator for 3-5 hours, or as much as 36 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Until next time, Kris