3 pound boneless pork shoulder
9 cloves garlic, chopped
3 jalapeños, diced
2 navel oranges, zest and juice
1 bottle of beer
1-1/4 cup barbecue sauce
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sprinkle pork with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add orange zest and place in slow cooker.
- Squeeze the oranges over the pork. Add barbecue sauce and beer to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle jalapeños and garlic onto pork.
- Set slow cooker to low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Place desired amount on bun, spoon a little of the juice over the pork and top with coleslaw.
Until next time, Kris