Flatbread pizza crust
3 chicken apple sausages, cooked and sliced
1 leek, sliced thin
8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
olive oil (1-2 tablespoons for skillet, plus more for brushing crust)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
shredded mozzarella for topping pizza (as much or as little as you’d like. I use about 3/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice and clean leeks.
- Halve tomatoes.
- Heat chicken sausages through per package directions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in skillet. Add leeks and cook until they start to brown, 4-5 minutes. Remove leeks to a bowl and set aside.
- Add tomatoes to skillet. If skillet seems dry, add 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt onto tomatoes as well as a healthy pinch of red pepper flakes. Sauté tomatoes for 3-4 minutes.
- Brush crust with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano. Top with shredded mozzarella, leeks, tomatoes and sausages.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
Until next time, Kris