2-1/2 pound tri-tip
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix spices together in a small dish.
- Rub spices on both sides of the meat. Set in refrigerator to marinate for 3-4 hours.
- Take meat out of refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place meat into skillet and sear on each side 4-5 minutes.
- Place skillet into preheated 375 degree oven for 20-30 minutes. (Internal temperature should be 120 degrees for rare, 130 degrees for medium-rare and 140 degrees for medium.)
- Let tri-tip rest for 5 minutes before slicing. This ensures the juices can redistribute.
Until next time, Kris