4 large hot Italian sausage links (1-3/4 pound)
3 cups cooked wild rice
9 ounce bag of fresh spinach leaves
1 Macintosh apple, chopped
2 teaspoons all spice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove pointed end off bottom of squash and stem off top (making the top and bottom flat so they will sit on the sheet pan evenly). Remove seeds from squash and brush cavity and edges with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Turn squash cut side down and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove sausage from casings into a large skillet and cook for 10-12 minutes, until it is browned and no longer pink. Add spinach to skillet and let wilt. Add apples, a pinch of kosher salt and a pinch of pepper, as well as all-spice, and cook for 5 minutes, until apple starts to soften. Add shredded cheese and stir.
- Stuff squash with sausage mixture and top with a bit more shredded cheese and place in oven for 10 minutes.
Until next time, Kris