1 pound penne pasta
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large shallots, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 28-ounce can (no salt added) plum crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup vodka
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add minced shallots to pan and cook for two minutes.
- Add minced garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour tomatoes into pan, also adding salt, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Stir together and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add vodka and cream to tomato mixture and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta.
- Add grated parmesan to sauce and mix together.
- Add cook noodles to sauce and stir.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan for serving.
Until next time, Kris