fresh pizza dough
marinara sauce (as much or as little as you like … I used 1 cup
4 ounces prosciutto, cut into strips
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons chopped sage
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 pear, sliced
1-1/2 cups fontina cheese, shredded
1/8 cup flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
sea salt (for sprinkling crust)
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Set dough out to rise on a floured bread board.
- Form dough on pizza pan and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake dough in a preheated 425 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in small sauté pan.
- Sauté garlic for 30 seconds, just until fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, sauté sage for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. Turn off heat and let sage sit in pan. It will become crispy.
- Spread marinara sauce on pre-baked crust.
- Sprinkle cheese on pizza.
- Add prosciutto, garlic, sage, sliced pear and red onion to pizza.
- Sprinkle pizza with crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Until next time, Kris