1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 package chicken andouille sausage
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon olive oil, more if needed
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced
1/2 white onion, sliced
green parts of a scallion (green onion), for garnish
- Place cut chicken into a large bowl for marinating.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together kosher salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, and onion powder. Pour over chicken, making sure to cover all of the chicken. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator to marinate 2-6 hours.
- Slice peppers into strips and each strip in half. Slice onion. Cut sausage into disks. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and let cook 10-12 minutes, until no longer pink in the middle. Add additional olive oil to pan if it seems dry, making sure to scrape up any brown bits off the bottom of the skillet.
- Add sausage, peppers and onion to skillet. Reduce heat to medium and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve over whipped potatoes, if desired.
Until next time, Kris