2-1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast
1 onion, sliced in half rounds
2 apples, sliced (core removed)
1-1/2 tablespoons thyme leaves (minced or not)
5 cloves garlic, smashed
zest and segments of two clementines
2 cups Cidre Brut (or hard cider)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice onions in half rounds.
- Slice apples in 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Smash garlic cloves.
- zest clementines and remove segments from skin.
- remove thyme leaves from branches and set aside.
- Add all above ingredients to large ziplock bag.
- Make small slits all over pork (top and bottom).
- Nestle pork into onions, apples, oranges, thyme and garlic in bag.
- Whisk together Cidre and mustard.
- Pour over meat.
- Marinate for a minimum of four hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator an hour before roasting to bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roast pork for an hour and 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Until next time, Kris