1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup ketchup
- Heat olive oil in medium sized skillet. Add onions and cook until the onions start to soften and become fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add minced thyme and cook another 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place ground beef in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper, mustard, Worcestershire, eggs and breadcrumbs and mix lightly with a fork.
- Add cooled onions and thyme to meat mixture and mix lightly with a fork.
- Place meatloaf mixture into a loaf pan and form a loaf. Spread ketchup over the meatloaf.
- Place in oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, until internal temperature reads 160 degrees. Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Until next time, Kris