3/4 pound thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 lemons, zest of two, juice of three
1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning salad
1 teaspoon pepper, plus more for seasoning salad and a dash for walnuts
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
4 tablespoons dijon mustard
1/4 cup almond meal
baby red butter lettuce
2 red pears, sliced thin
1/2 cup of walnuts (1/4 cup per salad)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus a drizzle to dress salad
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Squeeze the juice of two lemons and add the zest of two lemons to the chicken. Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, and Italian seasoning. Spread mustard over the top and bottom of the chicken and coat with almond meal.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet. Brown chicken on each side 3-4 minutes.
- Place in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Put salad in large shallow bowls or onto plates and sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt and a dash of pepper. Cut pears into thin slices and add to top of lettuce.
- Dry roast walnuts in a small skillet with garlic powder, a pinch of kosher salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Heat for 3 minutes, just until you can smell the walnuts are toasted. Remove from heat.
- Slice cooked chicken into thin strips and add half to each salad. Add toasted walnuts and goat cheese to salad, another pinch of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and the juice of 1/2 lemon to each salad. Serve with a warm tortilla.
Until next time, Kris