1 pound lean ground beef
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1 4-ounce can of diced green chiles
1 10-ounce can of red Chile sauce
15-1/2 ounce can non-fat refried beans
1 large tomato
1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
sour cream (I use low-fat or non-fat)
cheddar cheese (I use reduced fat)
small can of sliced black olives
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, until onion starts to become translucent. Add garlic and stir together.
- Add beef, salt and pepper to skillet and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until meat has browned.
- Add green chiles and stir. Pour red Chile sauce into pan and mix together, cooking about 10 minutes until sauce starts to thicken.
- Shred lettuce, grate cheese, and chop tomato and cilantro.
- Spread tostada shell with beans and top with ground beef, lettuce, cheese, tomato, cilantro, sour cream and black olives.
Until next time, Kris