3 sweet potatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons Chile powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar (light brown will work as well)
light sour cream, for dipping
fresh thyme, as a garnish
- Wash and pat dry sweet potatoes.
- Cut in half lengthwise and then lay onto it’s flat side and cut in half again. Cut each half again. You will end up with 8 wedges.
- Place them in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Work olive oil into potatoes with your hands.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together kosher salt, pepper, Chile powder, cinnamon, garlic powder, oregano and brown sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil on high and broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves and dip in light sour cream.
Until next time, Kris