Boneless pork shoulder roast
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried orange peel
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 red onion, sliced
2 jalapeños, sliced (seeds removed if desired)
two limes, zest and juice
two oranges, zest of two and juice of one
1/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup Tequilla
Mini street soft taco shells (any type you like)
Toppings – diced red onion, cilantro and avocado
- Remove pork from package and pat dry with a paper towel. Set on plate.
- Mix together chili powder, orange peel, cumin, oregano, kosher salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Rub over entire roast.
- Place sliced red onion in bottom of slow cooker. Place seasoned roast on top.
- Add Tequila and orange juice to slow cooker. Add the zest of the limes and orange, along with the juice of the limes and orange.
- Place sliced jalapeños over pork, cover the slow cooker and set to cook for 8 hours on low.
Until next time, Kris