3 sweet Italian chicken sausages
1-1/2 pounds of small Dutch potatoes
2-3 red bell peppers, sliced
1 sweet yellow onion, sliced
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
fresh ground black pepper (about 10 grinds over the vegetables)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
15 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only, plus extra for serving
Pecorino/Romano cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sausages on one sheet pan.
- Cut potatoes into quarters, lengthwise and place on half of second sheet pan. Slice red pepper and onion and place on other half of second sheet pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes and with your hands, rub onto potatoes, making sure they are coated with the oil.
- Sprinkle kosher salt over potatoes, onion and red pepper. Add black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle minced garlic over vegetables and add fresh thyme.
- Place both pans in oven and bake for 35 minutes, making sure sausages have reached 165 degrees.
- Serve with grated cheese and more thyme.
Until next time, Kris