- 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup Lemon Tarragon Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more if needed
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 ounces dates, pits removed
- 1/2 cup white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 4 sprigs rosemary, minced
- 3 lemons, sliced
- Place chicken into a glass dish to marinate. Sprinkle both sides with kosher salt and pepper. Add minced garlic and dressing. Cover and place in refrigerator for 4 hours, up to 8 hours.
- Slice fennel and onion. Remove pits from dates.
- Slice lemons and mince rosemary.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in cast iron skillet. Add chicken and brown on both sides (3-4 minutes per side). Remove chicken to a plate after browning.
- Add fennel and onion (along with extra oil, if needed) to skillet and sauté for 5-7 minutes, making sure to scrape up any brown bits left from browning the chicken.
- Once vegetables start to soften, add wine and dates, placing chicken on top.
- Sprinkle 2/3 of the rosemary over the chicken and place into a preheated 425 degree oven for 25 minutes. (Check at 20 minutes. Chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees when it is done.)
- Before serving, sprinkle the remaining rosemary onto the chicken.
Until next time, Kris