packaged waffle mix
1/2 jalapeño, diced, seeds removed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (dried, not in oil), chopped
2 slices bacon (I used turkey bacon, feel free to use your favorite)
2 tablespoons sunflower nuts
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
(below – for maple syrup/hot sauce, this amount is per waffle, increase it if you are serving more than one waffle)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
3 dashes hot sauce
- Bake bacon in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes or until done to desired crispness.
- Mix waffle mix per package instructions.
- Add oregano, cumin and kosher salt and stir into mix.
- Add jalapeño, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, bacon and sunflower nuts to mix and combine.
- Heat waffle iron.
- Spray iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 3/4 cup mix onto hot iron and cook until done (light will turn green when your waffle is ready).
- Mix maple syrup and hot sauce.
- Drop a couple spoonfuls of goat cheese onto waffle, along with minced jalapeño (as much or as little as you like).
- Drizzle syrup/hot sauce over waffle.
Until next time, Kris