1 pound ground pork
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons ginger, grated
3 limes, juice of
6 ounces fresh spinach
10 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 cup shredded carrots
3 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 ounce package whole wheat spaghetti
scallions (green part only), for garnish
- In large skillet, heat oil. Add pork, kosher salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook until browned and crumbly. When there is just about 1 minute to go in cooking, add the ginger and garlic. Mix well.
- Add vegetable broth, lime juice and soy sauce to skillet.
- Add spinach and cook until it has wilted.
- Once spinach has wilted, add carrots and mushrooms. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked spaghetti noodles to skillet and toss.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and red pepper flakes.
Until next time, Kris