Ingredients for Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon kosher salt
fresh ground pepper
juice of half a lemon
Directions for Chicken
- Place chicken on a baking sheet. Spoon dijon over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Ingredients for Artichokes
juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon kosher salt for water, plus a sprinkling for the cut artichokes
olive oil for brushing
Directions for Artichokes
- Cut tip off of artichoke as well as most of the stem. Snip pointy leaves of artichoke with kitchen shears.
- Fill a large pot with 3 inches of water. Squeeze the juice of lemon into water, as well as kosher salt. Place steamer rack into pot.
- Place artichokes, stem side up, onto steamer rack. Turn stove to high and cover pot. Let steam for 40 minutes, or until you can easily pierce the stem with a knife and the leaves pull off easily.
- Once artichokes are cooked, cut them in half lengthwise, through the stem. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Place them on a heated grill pan and grill for 10 minutes, until you have the desired grill marks.
Ingredients for Salad and Dressing
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
pinch of kosher salt
Directions for Dressing
- In measuring cup, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to drizzle onto salad.
Until next time, Kris