1 package of cheese tortellini (I buy the refrigerated kind at Trader Joe’s or Sprout’s)
3 shallots, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
3 large handfuls of spinach
1 28-ounce can of marinara sauce
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoons pepper, divided
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add shallots plus a pinch of kosher salt and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic, sauté 45 seconds.
- Add ground turkey to skillet, along with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook on medium-high, until turkey has browned and is crumbly.
- Add marinara sauce to meat, along with 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Stir.
- Add grated parmesan to skillet, stir, reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook tortellini and spinach.
- Place cooked tortellini and spinach in a bowl and top with a large spoonful of the turkey marinara sauce.
Until next time, Kris