3-4 pound shoulder blade roast
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 bottle beer
1 bottle barbecue sauce
red cabbage, sliced thin (as much as you want)
red onion, sliced (as much as you want)
flat-leaf parsley, 1/8 cup, minced
1 jalapeño, sliced (seeds removed if you choose)
- Sprinkle roast all over with kosher salt and pepper. Then sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Place in slow cooker and cover with chopped poblano pepper.
- Pour beer and barbecue sauce over and around roast.
- Set crock pot to high for an hour and a half. After an hour and a half, reduce temperature to low and continue to cook for 6-1/2 hours.
- Serve on a brioche roll with cabbage, onion, jalapeño and parsley.
Until next time, Kris