2 tablespoons boubon (1/2 tablespoon per apple)
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup Dried Berry Medley (or any dried fruit you like, such as cranberries, currants)
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut core out of apple using a paring knife. Cut out the core, removing the seeds and leaving a half inch of apple on the bottom.
- Drizzle bourbon in each apple.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, berries and walnuts together in a bowl.
- Place apples in a small rectangular or square baking dish.
- Stuff each apple with one quarter of the brown sugar mixture.
- Boil 3/4 cup of water in microwave, or on stove and pour into bottom of pan.
- Baste apples with water and pan drippings.
Until next time, Kris