12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3/4 cup Pinot Griogio
10 ounce pitted Kalamata olives, plus 1/4 cup of the juice
5 ounces green olives, plus 1/4 cup of the juice (pimientos removed)
1/4 cup sliced garlic cloves
3 lemons, sliced
1 onion, sliced in 1/2 rounds
3 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons pepper
3-1/2 teaspoons Mediterranean seasoning
3 tablespoons olive oil
Crusty bread for serving
blue cheese for serving
- In small bowl, mix together salt, pepper and Mediterranean seasoning. Lay chicken out on a large pan and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle both sides with seasoning mix. Place in refrigerator to marinate for 1-1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Brown chicken in batches and set aside.
- Once chicken is browned, wipe bottom of Dutch oven with a paper towel and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes and add wine.
- Lay a third of the sliced onions over the onions, top with a third of the olives and four of the chicken thighs. Top the thighs with a third of the sliced garlic. Repeat, starting with lemons. (Lemons, olives, chicken, garlic).
- Once all chicken is in the Dutch oven, add the juices collected on the plate from the chicken. Cover Dutch oven and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Until next time, Kris