1 lb. spaghetti noodles, cooked
1 head garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 cup of olive oil, plus 1/4 cup for parmesan toppping
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
9 vine ripened tomatoes
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus a pinch for the crispy topping and a pinch for serving
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup almond meal
1/2 cup grated parmesan, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes into 8ths. (Cut in half and then each half into half and then each half into halves again.) Place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Peel and mince garlic and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup olive oil to a measuring cup along with balsamic vinegar, seasonings and sugar. Add garlic and whisk all together.
- Pour over tomatoes and mix well, making sure all tomatoes are covered in olive oil and seasonings.
- Place into oven and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti and drain, reserving a cup of pasta water in case you need it for the same.
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a small skillet. Add almond meal and parmesan and a pinch of red pepper flakes and stir. Cook until lightly browned and crispy. Remove from heat.
- Add tomatoes and sauce to cooked spaghetti and toss. Place in individual dishes to serve and add crispy topping to each serving, as well as fresh basil.
Until next time, Kris