- 4 large heirloom tomatoes
- pinch of kosher salt, per tomato slice
- pinch of fresh ground pepper, per tomato slice
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan shards
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut each tomato into 2-3 slices (1/2 inch thick each).
- Lay on a rack in a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each slice with salt and pepper.
- Shred parmesan into shards and place several on each tomato slice.
- Mix bread crumbs with olive oil.
- Spoon bread crumb mixture over each tomato.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Until next time, Kris