1 POUND PENNE PASTA
4 PINTS OF SMALL TOMATOES (KUMATO, CHERRY, SUGAR PLUM – ANY OR A COMBINATION OF ALL WOULD WORK)
1 HEAD GARLIC, MINCED
1/2 CUP BASIL OLIVE OIL (PLAIN IF YOU DON’T HAVE BASIL FLAVORED)
1 TABLESPOON ITALIAN SEASONING
1-1/2 TEASPOONS KOSHER SALT, PLUS MORE FOR THE PASTA WATER
1 TEASPOON PEPPER
1/2 TEASPOON RED PEPPER FLAKES
ROSEMARY, CHOPPED FOR GARNISH
1-1/4 CUPS SHREDDED GRUYERE/CHEDDAR BLEND CHEESE
1/4 CUP GRATED PARMESAN, PLUS MORE FOR SPRINKLING
3/4 CUP PLAIN BREAD CRUMBS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place tomatoes on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Add minced garlic, olive oil and seasonings. Mix together with hands.
- Roast tomatoes for 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees once you remove the cooked tomatoes from the oven.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Add cooked tomatoes, along with all juices and scrapings from the pan, to the cooked and drained pasta.
- Add cheeses and place in 9×13 baking dish.
- Place dish in 350 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Enjoy and Happy Holidays to all!
Until next time, Kris