1 russet potato
1 small yellow onion, sliced
Gruyere cheese, shredded (1/8-1/4 cup)
freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Bake potato either in oven or microwave (whatever you choose based on your timing).
- Heat chicken sausage as per package directions for sausage you choose. Slice when done and cut each slice in half.
- Heat olive oil in small skillet, add onions and cook over medium-high heat until they are caramelized – about 5 minutes.
- Once potato is done, place on a small baking sheet, slicing a slit on the top of the potato. Sprinkle open potato with salt and pepper and fill with caramelized onions.
- Add cut sausage to potato and cover with gruyere.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve over a bed of arugula.
Until next time, Kris