4 skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
2-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
1 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
3/4 cup Pinot Grigio
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle bottom side of chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Turn over and pull skin back from meat.
- Sprinkle breasts with 1 teaspoons kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Spread 1-1/4 tablespoons dijon onto each breast. Sprinkle fresh herbs onto the chicken (divided evenly).
- Lay skin back over each breast and sprinkle skin with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat cast iron skillet on cook top for 5 minutes. Add oil and place chicken, skin side down, into the skillet. Let brown for 6-7 minutes. Turn and brown on other side for 3-4 minutes. Turn heat off on cooktop and add Pinot Grigio. Place skillet into oven to roast for 40 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Until next time, Kris