1 2-1/2 pound skin-on, bone-in half turkey breast
2-1/2 tablespoons black truffle oil
1 tablespoon softened butter
3/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
4-5 cloves of garlic, peeled and halved
2-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
2 fennel bulbs, sliced in half-rounds
1 onion, sliced
- Pierce top side of breast in several places with paring knife.
- Sprinkle kosher salt and pepper over both sides of breast.
- Drizzle 1/2 tablespoons black truffle oil over top of breast.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of truffle oil in crock pot insert (that you can heat on cook top) or Dutch oven.
- Place turkey in crock pot insert or Dutch oven and brown on both sides (4-5 minutes per side).
- Remove from crock pot and set aside.
- Place sliced fennel and onion on bottom of crock pot and place crock pot insert back into crock pot.
- Pour wine and chicken broth over fennel and onion.
- Place turkey on top of fennel and onion.
- Rub turkey breast skin with softened butter.
- Set to cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Until next time, Kris