1 pound sweet Italian sausage
1 pound rigatoni
5 ounce package arugula
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 jalapeños, diced
3 lemons, zest and juice
15 ounce container skim ricotta
1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon, plus a pinch, kosher salt
2 pinches red pepper flakes
1/2-1 cup reserved pasta water (reserve 1 cup, you may only need 1/2)
1/2 cup grated parmesan
fresh grated parmesan for serving
- Sprinkle Italian sausage with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and Italian seasoning and cook 5-7 minutes, until browned and crumbly.
- Add diced jalapeños and garlic. Let cook until jalapeños soften a bit, a few minutes.
- Scoop ricotta onto sausage mixture and add lemon juice. Stir into pork and let cook together 5 minutes.
- Add arugula, along with a pinch of kosher salt. Cook until arugula wilts.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Add rigatoni to skillet, along with grated Parmesan. Mix together until well combined. Add lemon zest.
- Serve with freshly shredded parmesan and a pinch of kosher salt.
Until next time, Kris