Over the weekend, I was asking Dennis what he’d like for dinner this week. One of his requests was to have chicken thighs with an Asian flavor. While at Trader Joe’s doing my weekly grocery shopping, I bought a package of fresh ginger and figured out what I’d do with it once I got home. The time I really think about new recipes is while I’m out walking for my exercise. This morning, I came up with this recipe.
I started with boneless, skinless chicken thighs that I placed in a large glass dish. Next, I minced three cloves of garlic, and grated 1-1/2 tablespoons of the fresh ginger.
In a glass measuring cup, I added 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil, 4 tablespoons reduced sodium teriyaki sauce, 3 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon dried orange peel and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Once I mixed this together, I added the minced garlic and grated ginger and stirred everything together before pouring it over the chicken to marinate for 45 minutes (feel free to marinade the chicken up to a few hours, or all day in the refrigerator if you’d like).
Once the chicken was done marinating, I placed it on a baking sheet with a rack and baked it in a preheated 425 degree oven for 30 minutes (until chicken reached 165 degrees).
Dennis was really happy with his ginger chicken thighs and is looking forward to having leftovers for his lunch tomorrow.
skinless, boneless chicken thighs
3 cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
4 tablespoons reduced sodium Teriyaki sauce
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried orange peel
- Lay chicken in a glass dish for marinating.
- Mince garlic and grate ginger.
- In glass measuring cup, add sesame oil, Teriyaki sauce, honey, kosher salt, chili powder, red pepper flakes and dried orange peel. Whisk together.
- Add garlic and ginger to measuring cup and mix well.
- Pour mixture over chicken and place in refrigerator. Marinate 45 minutes-all day.
- Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet with a rack. Pour excess marinade over chicken and bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Top chicken with chopped scallions.
Until next time, Kris
2 Comments Add yours
Looks good……….must be tasty 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! They were really good without being over powerful in flavor.
LikeLiked by 1 person