I’ve been eyeing marinated goat cheese medallions at Trader Joe’s for several months now and finally decided to pick up a container. I used them as the basis for my homemade pizza last Saturday night.
This, along with a jar of roasted red peppers was all I needed to make a wonderful pizza that was so flavorful, you won’t even miss red sauce or meat. I always use the fresh dough from Trader Joe’s or my local grocery store for the crust. One day, I’ll make my own pizza dough – I promise. It’s just so convenient to use the store bought dough when it is right there to purchase, no mixing necessary.
These roasted red peppers are so tasty! I eat them in so many different ways, one of those is an open faced red pepper, goat cheese toast and micro green sandwich for a satisfying lunch. I’ll be blogging an open faced sandwich next week using these red peppers to share with you all.
Back to the pizza …. using the marinated goat cheese medallions gave me all the seasoning I would need for this pizza. As always, I bake my crust for about 8 minutes before topping it, and then bake it for an additional 10-12 minutes. I did brush a bit of olive oil over the crust before baking. I also sprinkled a pinch of sea salt onto the crust.
Once the crust had baked for the first 8 minutes, I pulled it from the oven and topped it with the marinated goat cheese. I crumbled the goat cheese over the crust, making sure to drizzle some of the oil and herbs from the container over the crust as well. I then tore the red peppers into smaller pieces and placed them on top. After that, I added about a half cup of lite mozzarella (shredded).
I returned the pizza to the oven for 12 minutes, until the cheese had melted and started to brown.
Yummmmmmm! This was really tasty and pretty light as far as pizza goes.
I fresh dough
flour for dusting
olive oil, a drizzle
sea salt, a pinch
1 container marinated goat cheese medallions
1/2 cup shredded lite mozzarella
1 jar roasted red peppers
red pepper flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Set dough on a bread board, dusted with flour, making sure dough has all been touched by the flour. Let rise 20 minutes.
- Form dough onto a pizza pan. Drizzle with olive oil and brush over dough. Sprinkle with sea salt. Place in oven to bake for 8 minutes.
- Top pizza with goat cheese medallions that you’ve broken up into smaller bits, making sure to drizzle some of the olive oil and herbs (as much as you’d like) over the crust.
- Add roasted red peppers, torn into smaller pieces.
- Sprinkle pizza with shredded lite mozzarella and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and basil if desired.
Until next time, Kris