I think I’ve mentioned this a few times before, but my Grandma was a wonderful cook. Every time I make pork chops, I call my Mom regarding the cooking time, etc. I did just that yesterday when I was going to be making pork chops for dinner. She said to me “Grandma always coated them in flour and egg and cooked them in a little butter on the stove top and then transferred them to the oven for 30 minutes.” I did mostly everything my Mom told me, but I wanted to add a couple herbs, plus garlic powder to the salt and pepper my grandma, and my mom, added.
I set up my breading station … one bowl with flour, one bowl with egg and one bowl with breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, oregano, basil, garlic powder, kosher salt and pepper. I first dried off my pork chops with a paper towel and then sprinkled kosher salt and pepper on both sides of the meat. After that, I dipped each pork chop in flour, egg and the bread crumb mixture (in that order).
After my chops were prepped, I placed them in a cast iron skillet that I had been melting one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of olive oil in. I browned them for 3 minutes on the first side and two minutes on the second side. Next, I placed them in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
Alongside the boneless pork chops, I served broccolini that I roasted in the oven for 15 minutes as the chops were cooking.
boneless pork chops
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup grated parmesan
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus a sprinkle for the chops
1/2 teaspoon pepper, plus a sprinkle for the chops
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Set up breading station … 1 bowl for flour, 1 bowl for eggs that have been beaten, 1 bowl for bread crumb mixture.
- For breading, mix together bread crumbs, grated parmesan, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip pork chops first in flour, then egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- Melt together butter and olive oil in large skillet and cook pork chops over medium-high for 3 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the second side.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and finish cooking chops for 20-25 minutes.
Until next time, Kris