Last night’s dinner reminded me of a simple, comfort supper that is great for any weeknight, but also works for impressing your guests. I simply sprinkled kosher salt and pepper on chicken thighs and poured over a mixture of olive oil, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, and dried sage. I let the chicken sit for about an hour before baking it in the dish I had it marinating in and baking it in the marinade. I wanted to have a little extra “sauce” for the chicken.
I served this chicken with green beans that I roasted in nothing more than a drizzle of olive oil, kosher salt and pepper and a side of cous cous. It was delicious!
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1-1\/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried sage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle kosher salt and pepper over both sides of the chicken. Lay in a glass baking dish.
- In a large glass measuring cup, mix together olive oil,balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic and sage.
- Pour marinade over chicken and let sit for 1 hours to 3 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking to bring dish to room temperature.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Until next time, Kris