This morning for breakfast, I decided to make an egg white scramble. I started by tossing several grape tomatoes into my non-stick skillet until they started to “pop”. Once they started to “pop”, I lightly smashed them with back of a wooden spoon.
Once they had cooked a couple minutes, I poured my egg whites over the top and added my cooked turkey bacon and let the eggs get a little firm on the edges before starting to scramble everything together. Near the end, I added a couple small dollops of goat cheese and the leaves off a couple sprigs of fresh thyme.
I served my breakfast with two slices of whole grain, sprouted wheat flourless bread and a cup of strawberries. It was a healthy start to my day and kept me going until long after my walk.
5 egg whites
8-10 grape tomatoes
2 slices turkey bacon
3 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
pinch of kosher salt
pinch of pepper
- Separate egg whites into a bowl. Add a tablespoon of water and mix. Whisk in kosher salt and pepper.
- Cook turkey bacon and cut into pieces.
- Place tomatoes into a non-stick skillet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Once they start to “pop”, smash them with the back of a wooden spoon until they break.
- Pour egg mixture over tomatoes and let the edges firm.
- Place turkey bacon into skillet and start to scramble egg and tomato mixture, adding goat cheese and thyme leaves close to the end of the cooking time.
Until next time, Kris