White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies! Need I say more? It’s like a double dose of chocolate, what could be better? Tonight is Thursday, which means Dennis is heading to the softball field with his team for their weekly game. I wanted to make the guys some cookies and this is the recipe I came up with. I started with my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and tweaked it to fit this recipe.
In a large bowl, I whisked together all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, kosher salt and baking powder. In the bowl of an electric mixer, I creamed one Crisco butter flavored baking stick and added granulated sugar, light brown sugar and vanilla, mixing once again. Once the sugars and vanilla were creamed together with the butter flavored baking stick, I added three jumbo eggs … one at a time, beating after the addition of each egg.
Once the wet ingredients were thoroughly mixed, I slowly added the dry ingredients. I added 1 and 3/4 cup white chocolate chips at the end, mixing one last time. Lastly, I placed the bowl into the refrigerator to sit for 3 hours before baking the cookies. If you don’t have time for this step, not to worry. It’s not necessary, but does help to keep the cookies from spreading too much when baking.
When I was ready to bake the cookies, I preheated my oven to 375 degrees and lined two large baking sheets with parchment paper.I baked the cookies for 12 minutes, switching the trays after 6 minutes (moving the bottom tray to the top and vice versa).
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup Crisco butter flavored baking stick (1 stick)
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 jumbo eggs
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, kosher salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the Crisco butter stick. Add granulated and brown sugar and vanilla and beat. Include the eggs, one at a time, beating after adding each one.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Add white chocolate chips and mix.
- If time permits, place the bowl in the refrigerator for 3 hours before baking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drop cookies by rounded teaspoonful onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Until next time, Kris